Phone: (717) 238-0446 x113
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
University of Drexel, Pennsylvania - Bachelor of Science
Certified Public Accountant
Senior Member of the American Society of Appraisers, Business Valuation Division
Certified Financial Planner
Accredited in Business Valuation by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Boles Metzger Brosius & Walborn PC (Founding Partner) - General accounting practice, including representing and advising clients in all tax matters; business valuations, divorce and estate planning. Consulting in business valuation and litigation support services since 1978, such services include ESOP annual as well as initial valuations, board of director tender offer evaluations, estate and gift taxation matters, domestic relation issues-equitable distribution, depredation of value or income litigation, planning for buy, buy/sell agreements, valuation of intangibles, and the purchase and sale of a business, valuation of family limited partnership.
BGM Financial Associates, Ltd. ( Shareholder 1992 to 2004) - Financial planning and investment management, including advising clients in all financial areas.
Laventhol & Horwath (Director of Tax Services 1969 to 1978) - Represented and advised various corporations, partnerships, trusts and individuals in all tax matters.
United States Internal Revenue Service (Revenue Agent, Field Audit Division 1964 to 1969) - Numerous individual and corporate tax examinations, both civil and criminal.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Member of Tax Division
- AICPA National Business Valuation Conferences 2004-2015 locations: Orlando, Las Vegas, Washington DC, New Orleans
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Member, Federal Tax Committee Chairman, Federal Tax Committee 1998-2000
- Testified on behalf of Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants on Governance and Oversight of the IRS and Taxpayer Protection and Rights, December 10, 1997, Hearings held by Senator Santorum and U.S. Representative Goodling
- Federal Tax Conference, Speaker, Valley Forge & Harrisburg, 1997
- Controllers Conference, Speaker, Trevose, 2002, (Business Valuation issues/succession planning)
- Estate and Personal Financial Planning Conference, Speaker, Hershey, 2002
- Federal Tax Committee - Member, Past Chairman
South Central Chapter Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Past President
- Tax Committee Chair or Co-Chair of Tax Conference Committee
American Society of Appraisers - Member
Accredited as Senior Appraiser in 1992; re-certified in 1997, 2002, 2007, 2012 and 2017
Hampden Township Vacancy Board - Past Member
Hampden Township Industrial Development Authority - Past Chairman
Parents Anonymous of Pennsylvania - Past Treasurer
Central Pennsylvania College Educational Foundation Chair of Board of Trustees 2004-2007
Speaker and panel discussion participant for tax seminars presented to various professional organizations. Also participated in televised panel discussions on individual taxation over WHP-TV and WGAL-TV.
Co-Author of Practical Estate Planning Techniques in Pennsylvania, National Business Institute, Inc.